|Home||» Products||» Joint Sealing Compounds||» Flexible Seal Joints|
Flexible Seal Joints
We are an unparalleled name in offering a premium quality range of Flexible Seal Joints that is precisely formulated using the highest quality polymers and tar, and is suitably blended with hydrocarbon oil and other basic ingredients under the guidance of skilled professionals. It is globally appreciated for its effectiveness, UV resistance, non-staining nature, and non-impregnated and high durability. This product is used to precast concrete units used for manholes, box culverts, pipes & tunnel segments, structural joints in buildings. Capable to withstand and accommodate joint movement, these Flexible Seal Joints are available at leading market prices.
The 'Answer' to obtaining perfect and flexible seal joints between two concrete surfaces. No worries from the time it has been used - No need to use cement spreads or any other material.
What it is:
A formulated compound containing polymers and tar, suitably blended with hydrocarbon oil and other ingredients. It consists of UV absorbers & ozone inhibitors to prevent any undesirable sensitivity to outdoor environments. The sealant does not depend on oxidizing, evaporating or chemical action for its adhesive or cohesive strength.
- Precast concrete units used for manholes, box culverts, pipes & tunnel segments, roads & pavements.
- Structural joints in buildings.
- Building's brick & block work.
- Isolation joints between adjacent constructions e.g. buildings, around manholes, drains and the other insets in concrete,etc.
- Capable to withstand and accommodate joint movement with excellent recovery characteristics.
- Can be easily cut by knife with no crumbs, fibres, and hence clean to work with.
- If required, can be used in molten condition by warming up / heating. Any thickness can be built up.
- Does not disintegrate.
- Resistant to acids & alkalies.
- Non-impregnated, non-bleeding & non-staining.
- Does not discolour architectural substrates.
- Water absorption is virtually non-existent.
- Appearance: Solid
- Color: Black
- Specific Gravity: 1.15 Minimum
- Softening Point (R&B): 90 degrees C (Minimum)
- Flexibility: Excellent
- Water Tightness: Excellent
- Adhesion to concrete: Excellent
- Volatile Matter,w/w: 2 % Maximum
- Inert Filler content, w/w: 30 % Minimum
- Resistance to acids & alkalis: Excellent
- Resistance to Microbiological Environment: Excellent
- Resistance to Chemical and Biological Attack: Excellent
- To be used after the joint surfaces have been coated with Concorsol - S primer.
- These surfaces have to be cleaned first with wire brush to remove dust, dirt and oil.
- One coat of Concorsol - S primer is applied with a brush onto these surfaces. Afterwards,
- Concorseal is applied in between these joint faces as a sealing compound.
Service Temperature: (-) 10 degrees C to (+) 50 degrees C
Ideal as a joint seal between precast concrete faces e.g. Manhole covers, Pipe Joints of Concrete & Hume Pipes conveying sewage, rainwater and surface water, Culverts, and any Concrete Sections/Shapes. Bell and Spigot joints in other pipe sections can also be sealed with Concorseal.
This kind of material is used in developed countries for sealing the joints of precast concrete units to provide permanently flexible water tight seal guided by European Standard EN 1916 & 1917.
Male-female joints are mostly found in Hume pipes, Stoneware pipes & sometimes in C.I.pipes.
These joints are generally found in case of laying stoneware or Hume pipes or C.I. pipes which are used for transportation of sewerage & water. In such cases joints are sealed by using a cement spread ( some kind of mortar- mix as a layer between the two pipe surfaces.) or a rubber ring between the two surfaces.
Unfortunately, this cement spread or the rubber ring hardens up in course of time and developes( intrinsically ) cracks in this layer due to which e-gress of the pipe fluid and / or in-gress of water into the pipe from external surrounding takes place. Such happenings are against the basic objective / purpose for laying the pipe Usage of Concorseal will give a long lasting permanent but flexible joint seal.